Thursday, June 8, 2017

Week 68--Some things stay the same, some change

Still in Ava folks! Hope you all had a great week, I sure did. It was a week of hard work in our teaching pool, but we do not yet have anything to really share about them, other than we have found many solid prospects, now we need to help them keep commitments to read and pray, and such. It's been pretty weird, because in the summer people get so busy with vacations and travelling, that it's just as bad as when they were working, if not worse.

   We've been trying to find using family history which has been pretty interesting. I like how we can relate to the eternal nature of families!

   Transfers came and I have stayed in Ava, but my companion Elder Sundberg is moving to another area in the Stake and I will be getting Elder Ostler!

   We got to go to the temple on Friday. Three zones went together and we visited the St. Louis Missouri Temple! It was sweet, I got to do a name that I brought and did the work for. That was a great experience.

   
 On the way to a meal today, our tire popped on a county road, and fortunately we were right next to a car shop, and the guy changed our tire quickly for free. We were only a few minutes late!



  

 We saw a pretty neat looking vehicle today as well. I'm not sure what type it is, but I'd describe it as an old style motor-tricycle. Let me know what it is if you have a clue.





   On Saturday we went with the Rodgers Family and fished for a few hours, and only caught one fish, and it was small! BUT an amazing thing happened. A convert from my first area on the mission, actually the first one who was baptized on my mission was there, and I was able to invite her to return to church. It was amazing to see that day that the Lord meant for us to be there. He knows us and our lives, and he prepares the way for his work to be fulfilled. Nephi explains that principle best:

1 Nephi 9:6

   "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning;
wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen."

   I promise that he knows us individually, and if we look for it, he is guiding us every step of the way.

Loves,
Elder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment