Thursday, June 8, 2017

Week 67--The Sound of Music

Hello, friends and family!

This week we were able to meet with a good number of people, and we found several people who we could start teaching in the coming week!

The highlight of the week was how many members we were able to take with us teaching. We took a couple priests out one night, We took some High Priests out the next, and the same the day after that. It was a lot of fun, and most importantly we got stuff done. 

This week didn't have anything crazy or exciting happen other than the day to day teaching, serving, and loving. It's difficult to put pictures or stories that tell of the many experiences that I have, as I try to make a difference in peoples' lives. It's rewarding, and the spirit is so strong when you help people. It's better than any movie or song, or the entertainment of the world, it's eternal.

I do have a few picture-worthy experiences this week, like when the kids during sacrament meeting stole my planner for the 50th time and drew all over it...



...or when I realized the organ in the chapel belongs to me.





Also I thought it was pretty interesting, a member told us there was free lunch on the square, so we went and the person told us it was 4 dollars. We said we were told it was free, and the lady told us we can have it for free then. After finishing our food, another lady came by (her children are members of the church) and gave us both another helping of the food with no charge. #blessings

I thought about music a lot this week, between writing songs on my guitar, singing hymns and the notes in my head. The music we listen to makes a big difference in the way we think, feel, and act. When you need to be uplifted, first pray, second, you can listen to a hymn, or read the words. I promise the spirit will enter into your heart and you will feel renewed, and strengthened. Music comes from God, it's in the earth, and in the Planets around us. There is always a rhythm, and He wants us to listen to what it's telling us. The words of his music are telling us there is a way back home.

Love you all!
Elder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment