Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 65--Tracting miracles

 I got to Skype with my family on Sunday. It's great seeing a little bit of home, and to know that everything is pretty much the same as it was.

   This week was great, and the word of the week is... Tracting! I knocked on a lot of doors this week, but the greatest miracles came when I didn't have to knock at all.



   So a member had told us he would go out tracting with us. He would split with us so it would be me him and his son, then Elder Sundberg would go with two others. He said he wanted to us to take the time to pray and ask for inspiration for where to go when we would tract from 4-5. Then we looked at the map, picked 5 or 6 streets each, then prayed over the list to narrow it down to a few. We split and I went with Josh Wilber. He had an experience with the spirit that he's never going to forget. On the way to the first street I had picked, we saw someone he knows. We got out to talk to her, and it's someone who had a baptism date before but her boyfriend got in the way. Now her boyfriend is in jail, she wants to visit and go to church, so she went to church yesterday. 
   Then, we actually got to the street we were headed to and the family we met there was a family that Josh Wilber and two other members of our ward (converts to the church that this lady we're talking to knew from high school when they were not yet members) had served the family a few years back and they were so thankful, and got emotional when we testified of families. We told her we would come back and we would bring those members she knows. 
   Then, after an hour and 15 minutes, Josh said, "Whats one more street we can do?" I said 7th street, because that was the one I had chosen. As I explained how to get there, he realized there's a family they are close with in that part of town. When we got close, he asked me which street specifically it was. I pointed, and he said that I was pointing right to the house where their friend lives. So, we drove up to the driveway, and the friend came out to talk to us. She said we could come back and talk with them. SOOO, 1 and a half hours we tracted but we never knocked a single door! Since then we've been meeting with these people, and getting to know them. 
   We've done this every day since, and EVERY SINGLE DOOR we knock there is always at least one potential for us to return to.




I'm also preparing the next generation of musicians! Zach here insisted, the whole time we were there on Mothers' Day, on buying my guitar from me. He's gonna be a hit one day.




Along with the theme of knocking on doors,
I would like share a thought about the Savior:

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me."

When he stands at the door and knocks, we can act on our faith by opening the door, and allowing his light to enter our lives, but we must act in faith, nothing wavering.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment