Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Week 58--First full week in Ava

 This was Zone Conference week, and we had some excellent instruction on what we can do to help the members, and help ourselves to do better. 
   In Ava, many of the people being taught are kids, either grandchildren or children of members, even neighbors of members. It's different from the way I've taught before, but I am thankful I can learn this skill, because I'm gonna need it one day! For example, we taught the restoration using connect the dot pictures. :)
   I learned I have some common ancestors with members of this ward, which is pretty cool too.
   There was a big family history night planned for the ward and we were asked to help set-up and help people make accounts, but nobody showed up, but one. We left and played basketball with some investigators instead.
   Sunday was ward conference and we were counselled to use family history with members and invite them to bring friends over to learn family history as a non-threatening way to have them over to meet the missionaries. What a good idea!
   It's been great in Ava so far, and I love my companion.

For an uplifting message, I wanted to share my thoughts on 1 Nephi 7:12, which says: 
"Yea, how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? wherefore, let us be faithful to him."
This is my favourite scripture, and it has gained more meaning for me on my mission, because the Lord IS able to do all things, but sometimes we forget that two important ways to allow him to do great things in our lives, are to first, seek his will, and secondly, show forth our faith sufficiently by our actions, showing Him that we are doing our part to do his will and not our own. I promise that as we act as agents unto ourselves, and seek his help in a righteous pursuit of this, we will have his strength to do hard things.

Thanks again,
Elder Rodgers



Meeting up with Elder Dick at Zone Conference


You never know who you'll tract into.


Elder Sundberg showing some skills, standing coins on their sides.



Photo op!



Zone Conference serious picture. Elder Rodgers in in front, third from left.


Zone Conference silly picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment