Friday, February 10, 2017

Week 51--New companion, same area

On Thursday my new companion, Elder Stevens came into the area. It's interesting that I'm the one showing where places are and things, but I still feel so new to Fayetteville.
We were able to meet some new people at dinner that day, which was awesome.

On Friday we went around trying to visit as many people as we could find at home for him to meet. We found a new investigator trying to meet with members too, which was cool. Then On Sunday we found out from bishop that the new investigator and his wife were actually on his mind that weekend. 

On Sunday we decided to spend more time with the youth, so we went to Priests' Quorum instead of Elders' Quorum this week. I forgot how that class is, I forgot how I was before the mission, just a little more energetic and what not, but since being on the mission and being the one who people are looking to, I've seen a major difference between how I used to be and how I am now. Pretty cool!

I'd just like to share a scripture wit you all today, it's 1 Nephi 9:6. This helps me when I feel that promises are taking a long time to be fulfilled, or when things seem to be uncertain about how things will turn out for me.

"But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children off men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. amen."

He says he prepares a way to accomplish all his works, and as we know, his work is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. 

I hope you have a great week!

Loves, 
Elder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment