Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Week 70--Service and fishing

Hi, family and friends!

We had plenty of service to do this week. Moving furniture, mowing lawns, cleaning out gutters, and on Saturday we helped work someones heifers and some steers. It was my first time doing something like that, so it was pretty fun! And today, we were able to go fishing up at a members pond, and I caught three, they weren't too big though. That's okay, at least I can say I caught some.



There were some people who we've recently started teaching who're starting to progress, and it's amazing to see the hand of the Lord in this work. Miracle after miracles leaves me sure that he is helping us every day. This week we saw a home with a Canadian flag outside so we decided to talk to them after church, and then a guy walks into church and said they were driving and they saw a Canadian flag and they thought of me. I thought it no coincidence that he said that the day we were going there. Two witnesses are powerful. We went, and it turns out she's a member that doesn't go anymore.I'll say it again, the Lord directs his work.

We had a wonderful zone conference this week. We heard a lot about how we can use the tools we've been given in missionary work. The biggest tool God has given us for our work is the gift of the Holy Ghost. 

It's hard to put all that happened into words, especially because I'm limited for time, but I want you all to know that I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that it changes people if they are willing, and if they are willing, there is nothing that the Savior cannot help them through.

Elder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment