Thursday, December 8, 2016

Week 40--Thanksgiving was bomb!

This week went by rather quickly. I started the week off by serving. We served food and helped people at Samaritan Cafe. Because it was Thanksgiving week we were giving people mashed taters, turkey, and rolls. I also got to have some of it, and for how many people were served and for a soup kitchen it had pretty good tasting food. 

I went on an exchange with Elder Fielding on Tuesday and had some good talks with him, and we went street contacting several people. There was this one guy on campus where we were doing this, and he was just sitting on the ledge of a fountain, singing Billy Joel music, so we started talking to him, and it turns out he wants to be a lead guitarist. This struck a chord with me, and we had a great discussion about who prophets are and how he can know if there is one now. I promised him that if he read the Book of Mormon, he would get better at reading, and he loved that.

On Wednesday we spend hours at the home of an investigator helping him unpack, sort, and box up a billion books, then we had dinner and a couple of lessons in the evening.

Thursday was thanksgiving, and with my skin condition, I just put ointment and things all on my hands and arms and what not and lied down in bed to let it work its magic, then at 1:30 we left to our first turkey dinner of the day, and we were there for a while. I stuffed myself which was a horrible idea, because an hour later we were eating another turkey dinner with our bishop's family. I also got to play guitar with his son who's 14, yet an amazing guitarist. He's got a lot of potential it's cool.

Friday was a crazy day of 7 lessons and no time for a break. I love those days. We had dinner with our investigator who we helped with boxes and his spaghetti was outstanding. 

Finally, on Sunday we had a sacrament meeting with talks about patience. Patience is more than enduring, it's enduring well. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment