Sunday, October 15, 2017

Week 85--Bye bye, Ava!

After 7 months in Ava I'm getting transferred to Joplin 1st ward! I'm so excited because I have a lot of missionaries I love in my zone and district!

This week since last Monday has been a good time. 

On Saturday we went to a Pioneer Heritage Festival. Lots of people gathered together, and had booths for selling things that are related to the theme. We brought a portable display about families, and added some foam board with family history themed messages to attract people who wanted to  learn more. We had many people come who were interested in Family History and those who have hit dead ends on one of their lines. We got some of them hooked up with a family history center.



Carol came to church which I was super happy about. She came for fast and testimony meeting, which I always get a little anxious about in case something a member says makes the investigator scared. It was interesting because lots of people went to the temple that weekend so that was an over-arching theme of the meeting. She said she liked it, and would come again next week.

The last few days in Ava, we've been super busy, and I feel like I've done well here. I can't wait to blow up the work in Joplin!

Also I found this sign and I had to take a picture with it. Missionaries especially will get the humor in this.



No comments:

Post a Comment