Friday, February 12, 2016

February 10, 2016. This is the day we've waited for! TJ was so excited to get going, he wanted time to hurry up. I just wanted it to give me an extra few minutes. 
The evening before we met up with Jonathan and Alice plus Ken and Leslie for dinner.


A few pictures from the airport.


So fun to see my kids together supporting one another. They're looking pretty perky for this all happening before 5 a.m.

One last picture with my boy before sending him off on his big adventure. 
Dad's turn.


One for Carlee.

And the whole gang! Except Eric's little family. :(

Heading into customs. 

And he's off!


An airport helper picked us out--he's learned to recognize these families sending off well-dressed glowy young men. The man went into customs every once in a while to check on how TJ was doing, then would come back and let us know.

Seeing as TJ flew out at 6:30, we went back to the hotel and slept for a while, then played in the pool. TJ was probably at the MTC before we left the hotel.

Feb 12, 2016 Finally, an email!

Mom,

I'm all settled in and everything is great. I've already made so many friends and I ran into Haden Evans, I've gone into the Temple, I've gone to meeting, and I've become the District leader. Before I left it had been difficult to have the spirit sometimes because I haven't surrounded myself with the scriptures and prayers so much, but after just two days of doing them lots I've felt huge growth. I'm not sure if Dad wants me to email him specifically or use you to talk to the family. The first morning I had to dry off with a pair of socks because my towel along with the big luggage wasn't on time. The elders in my room and I laugh about that a lot. I didn't bring my camera with me to write emails unfortunately but I have taken pictures. Let me know how everyone's doing. Carlee, you, Dad, and I'll email Craig Matt and Eric but I only have Craig's email. I don't have enough time right now to email everyone though so some will have to wait. I love you all and am loving it here. talk to you in a week.

Elder Rodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment